Welcome to Riss-a-Roo's Blog

Hi welcome to my blog! Thank you for looking at this blog and reading my poems, sayings, verses, and short stories. I hope that you will enjoy my writing! Thank you again and have a wonderful day! :)

Monday, April 5, 2010

Ellis Island


Talk about horrifying! Ellis Island was an event that both made me fearful and excited. It was an experience that I will never forget. To have my dreams come true, no more hurt I will live. I will have my dad back. That is all a girl would want. It was late, at least what my mom would say, but I was wide awake. I explored the lower class section on the boat because that is all my family could afford. We've been traveling for months and I'm still not use to being so filthy. Everyone looked at me like I was some kind of pitiful freak. Well basically that's because I am. I began to smell the fresh air. I was very sick but I still caught a small whiff of land and freedom in the big USA! It was worth the whole journey. When I saw my dad waving to me from a distance. Seventeen years without a father can get you pretty emotional on such an emotional day.Wow, such a long time! It was a hard rain, and I was staining my dad's nice suit and tie with my tears. The tears made nice clean streaks down my face, so it made me look cleaner than I really was. As long as we are together forever I am perfectly fine!

My friend Valerie F. helped me out with this so thank you val you are the best! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Don't tell me I'm the best. I don't like to hear things I already know!!!!!! LOL!!!!!! :D Your Welcome Cerissa!

    ReplyDelete